Another month come and gone, and we’re almost at the end of the year. I’m not quite sure how to describe November other than “medley” since it contains a few songs from earlier in the year that didn’t quite hit right until now, new releases and arrangements, and a few discoveries as well. I’m still in love with my Spotify playlists and have gotten the hang of making them myself so we’ll see how that goes in the future. Pandora or YouTube have been companions for grading days or late nights, and every now and again I’m sent a song from someone with excellent taste. And you can never underestimate TikTok. So, yes, a medley of this month’s music for me to remember the highs and lows and wonders as I move forward into December.
Shall we listen?
- “Break the Distance” by Ashton Edminster ~ ‘Cause when you see the sun, I see the moon
- “Therefore I Am” by Billie Eilish ~ Get your pretty name out of my mouth
- “In Hell I’ll Be in Good Company” by The Dead South ~ I see my redhead, messed bed, tear shed
- “dead yet” by gabriel black with phem ~ Livin’ in a rerun, lookin’ for the reset
- “Let’s See What The Night Can Do” by Jason Mraz ~ I wanna get lost with you
- “Mama’s Broken Heart” by Kacey Musgraves ~ I numbed the pain at the expense of my liver
- “Oh No” by Kreepa ~ Whatever happened to / the boy I once knew?
- “The One That You Love” by LP ~ Don’t treat my love like a habit
- “Charlie” by Mallrat ~ I just might love you forever / I hope you warm up to me
- “You Are Gold” by The National Parks ~ You are aurum scarce and meant for kings
- “nuits d’été” by Oscar Anton and Clementine ~ Et j’suis encore hésitante, est-ce que c’est vraiment utile?
- “25” by The Pretty Reckless ~ Skip to eight, we called it fate
- “Desperado” by Rihanna ~ You need me, there ain’t no leaving me behind
- “Lonely Together – The Quarantine Song” by Savannah Outen ~ How am I supposed to find a husband / I’m quarantined in my prime
- “Monster” by Shawn Mendes and Justin Bieber ~ Spill my words and tear me down until there’s nothing left
- “Cornelia Street – Live from Paris” by Taylor Swift ~ And baby, I get mystified by how this city screams your name
- “my tears ricochet – the long pond studio sessions” by Taylor Swift ~ You had to kill me, but it killed you just the same
- “What’s Your Country Song” by Thomas Rhett ~ Are your friends all in low places / underneath the neon moon?
- “Hey” by Vetta Borne ~ Let’s just stay in / re-connecting
- “Haunt You” by x Lovers and chloe moriondo ~ You should know that I’m coming back to haunt you
- “Cough Syrup” by Young the Giant ~ A dark world aches for a splash of the sun
So bring on the Christmas music and cold, tinny tunes to make me imagine firelight. I’m ready for the season ahead and need some of my old favorites for the world to feel just a bit normal. And maybe I’ll find some new ones to remember this “unprecedented” year. Who can tell? At the very least, I’ll have headphones to keep my ears warm.